The start of October marks a new challenge for many ACA/ACCA Qualified Accountants across the country who have spent the last 3 years juggling the demands of tight audit deadlines and testing examinations.
Hopefully for many this difficult balancing act is now over, you have your ACA/ACCA exams complete and now, you also have the vital time qualification to go with it, if this is you, then congratulations!
You may have an idea of the possibilities out there based on clients you have worked with, whether you’re looking to stay in practice or move into industry it is vital you carry out the required research to make the right move.
Key things to take into account are:
- Which appeals more – staying in practice or moving into industry?
- What type of culture do you think would be best for you?
- What size of business would you like to see yourself in?
- Is there a particular sector you would like to work in?
- What are your long term career goals?
- Why do you want to make a move?
At Macildowie we have deep roots in Finance recruitment and therefore we look to give you the best advice we can to ensure you make the right move, not just the easiest / quickest move.
Opportunities in industry in the Derbyshire / Nottinghamshire area are high, with opportunities in both SMEs and large FTSE businesses. The sector these roles are in can vary massively too with lots of exciting businesses based locally.
I have spent the last 5 years working in finance recruitment @ Macildowie and believe this year to be the busiest it has ever been for newly qualified ACAs. It’s a great time to get in touch with us to find your dream job
If you’re looking for advice on any of the following feel free to get in touch and we can arrange a time to go through your thoughts:
When is the best time to make my first move?
- How do I best position my CV for roles in industry?
- How beneficial would it be to my career to move to a smaller or larger firm?
- What are the salaries like in industry or different sized firms?
- What type of role would suit my skill-set and what are the career opportunities like for those roles?
- Who are the employers locally that would be interested in my background?
- Should I aim for a Manager role before moving to industry?
I’m happy to arrange a time outside of working hours to meet up to discuss the above or any other questions you may have and we can also support you in constructing your CV if you need any help on this.
If you’re interested in more details about roles we’re currently recruiting please see the details below of the roles we’re currently recruiting in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire:
- Financial Accounting Project Lead (Nottingham) - £50,000 - £55,000 plus bonus, pension and private healthcare
- Financial Accountant (Nottingham) £30,000 - £35,000 plus up to 20% bonus, pension and private healthcare
- Internal Audit Manager (Derby) £40,000 - £45,000 plus up to 20% bonus, pension and private healthcare
- Financial Analyst (Nottingham) - £35,000 plus up to 10% bonus, private healthcare and pension
- Assistant Audit Manager (Nottingham) (Top 10 Accountancy Firm) - £36,000 plus healthcare and pension
- Corporate Finance Executive (Nottingham) (Advisory Firm) - £35,000 plus bonus, pension and healthcare
If you would like any further information on these roles feel free to get in touch with me directly: