Remember remember the 5th of November
Covid’s the reason we’re shut…
Well we’re very much open for business actually, but once again due to Lockdown 2.0, the Macildowie Offices are closed and everyone is working from home.
It feels different this time around.
We have a plan that we know works for us.
It’s no longer unprecedented, there is a playbook now and every business has their own experience to draw from.
Since the original lockdown, I have been making the absolute most of the two “mastermind groups” that I am fortunate to be involved with. Both Elite Leaders and the Macildowie CEO Forum have provided a safe place to go to discuss the challenges we’re all facing with like-minded business leaders. A place to go to feel vulnerable. A place where if you don’t have the answers, the chances are that someone in the room does.
I like to think that I have added some value on a personal level to my peers, but mostly I am there to listen, absorb and to learn.
It’s hard to comprehend that two full quarters of trading have passed by since this mess began back in March, but today, 231 days on, we kicked off Q3 with a presentation to all staff which reflected on our achievements of the past six months and set out our roadmap for the next six. The presentation was very positive, we have good reason to be optimistic and for those of you who are out of work, or have been re-furloughed, I am delighted to say that the job market is getting better. There is hope.
The strategy we signed off in April is working and as CEO it fills me with pride to share some of our collective achievements in 2020:
- The culture of our business has never been stronger. The Macsketeer attitude of “all for one, one for all” has been awesome to see, awesome to be a part of.
- The number of vacancies we have registered has been increasing by c20% month on month.
- We have beaten all of our revenue projections. Meaning that we are placing more candidates than we expected to, and have done so every single month.
- Our subtle re-brand has worked better than we could have ever dreamed of. The subtle, yet significant, change to Recruitment and Retention Consultants has had an immediate positive impact.
- Our retention pricing has been incredibly well received by our clients and has meant that we have won more exclusive work than ever before.
- We have delivered Outplacement Consultancy Services and Org Design Consultancy services in the last 4 weeks.
- 54 people attended our last People Hub Demo in October, and November’s is booking up fast. Customer feedback has been very positive about its holistic HR functionality.
- Our Executive Search Division is busier than it has ever been. This is great for Macildowie but also a brilliant indicator for the job market in general. When the senior market is busy, the market is typically in decent shape.
- We have launched our RPO Service offering, and won our first contract, in Q2.
- Our two newest Divisions (Public Sector and Housebuilding & Construction) are outperforming their 2019 achievements.
- We’ve been working incredibly hard behind the scenes on an exciting project which has gained immediate interest from Business Leaders across the Midlands. This project will be launched at some point in December and is designed to add value to all of our customers. Watch this space, you might receive a personal email invitation from me sometime soon…
To summarise, we feel as if we have made the most of lockdown and we are without doubt better placed to help our loyal customers in more ways than just recruitment. Lockdown 2.0 has started today and Rishi has also just announced an extension to the furlough scheme until the end of March… but it really does feel completely different this time around.
As I mentioned, we have made the decision to work from home. In doing so, we have also made the call to enforce a “no meetings” hour and a half from 12-1.30pm to ensure that we are doing our very best to look after the health and wellbeing of the Macs Family… from what I have seen on social media it looks as if the guys have already been making use of it and using the time as we hoped.
For now, I am signing off and saying a massive congratulations to Mark Deaville who was crowned Employee Of The Month for October and to Elishia Allen for winning Support Person Of The Quarter in her first 3 months with the business. To you two, and everyone in the business, thankyou for your commitment and loyalty to the team in what has been the weirdest six months EVER. I am delighted that you have all chosen to be a part of building something unique.
I’m off now to join the Elite Leaders call.