Friday marked the end of our financial year, a financial year spent almost entirely in lockdown. A financial year which began with demand for white-collar recruitment services falling off a cliff.
Our performance in the past two months has not only convinced me that the market is getting back to pre-covid levels, but also that “pound for pound” we are at the top of our games at Macildowie.
Relatively speaking – March and April are as good a month's as we have ever had.
In addition, we have the best culture that we have ever had and I can say with a smile on my face that this is such a fun job when you are surrounded by Leaders everywhere you look. When you are surrounded by a team of people who care. And care a lot.
I feel very proud of all of us.
I feel proud of the way that we have performed and of the results we have achieved, improving month on month on month.
We built our strategy early in Lockdown 1.0, we repositioned the brand as Recruitment and Retention Consultants in August and we have worked our socks off.
We continue to work our socks off.
Our strategy continues to differentiate us in an over-crowded marketplace.
Our enhanced Customer Value Proposition includes:
- an Outplacement and employability website.
- People Hub, a system designed to help our clients to upskill and inspire their people in order to help them to retain great talent.
- an amazing events programme aimed at helping everyone out there to be the best version of themselves – with weekly sign ups in excess of 150 and increasing week on week.
- Unprecedented Leadership. A website, or online content library aimed at 1) helping the Leaders of the future 2) providing a platform to promote your personal Leadership Brand and your company’s Employer Brand.
- We have launched our RPO offering with a brilliant and experienced Outsourcing Leader in Des Potter.
- We have developed an NED Network, helping Executives to bridge the gap between a full time Executive Career and a portfolio or part time career.
- We have developed an innovative way to price our services. We call it “retention based pricing”… our customers love it.
We hope that there is something for everyone, even if you're not looking for a new job or to recruit someone into your team, we'd love to chat to you about how we can support you this year and beyond.
Thankyou to our candidates, to our clients and to every single member of the Macildowie Team.
And finally… what an exciting way for us to start the new financial year - with some very warm welcomes today to Zoe Thompson, Sarah May-Mans and Amelia Widdowson.
And a very warm "welcome back" to Joanna Riley.
Here’s to us all winning together in 2021/22.