I am writing this blog from my bed, watching England attempt to fight back against the Aussies in The Ashes.
Whilst the England Test Team have regressed and appear directionless at best, my wonderful colleagues here at Macildowie have had a stellar year. As Regional MD, Chris Huffen, called it… a vintage year.
In my opinion it’s a year that is worth talking and writing about so that we can remember our achievements. I have read back over my Board Reports from the past twelve months and just happen to have 21 Magic Moments to share with you.
So here’s my 21 in ‘21…
- January 3rd was an “oh shit” moment. We had hired 13 new team members & they started on the day that Lockdown 3 was announced. Onboarding a large cohort 100% remotely was a challenge we faced and exceled at. At that point in time these guys were the most successful new starters in 28 years.
- In January we made our first ever PLC CFO placement. Elevating our Exec Search business to new levels under the awesome leadership of Richard Haaker.
- In Q1 we finally persuaded Macildowie Legend, Joanna Riley to re-join us after a 10 year sabbatical. Hearing her wax lyrical about how good we now are brought me great joy.
- Seeing the number of people in our NED Networking Group pass the 100 mark.
- Watching our Public Sector Division be rewarded for all of their hard work and success with the award of the massive opportunity that exists with the LGRP contract. This is the start of even bigger things for Margarita and her team.
- 80 events delivered in 12 months. Is there another Recruitment Company on Planet Earth who did this? That’s 9500 attendees.
- In the first week of March we beat all of our previous Lockdown Operational KPI’s & this was the magical moment I recall thinking … we are back.– 1) Jobs On 2) 1st interviews arranged 3) Unique Jobs with first interviews arranged 4) 1st interviews taking place 5) Unique Jobs with interviews taking place this week -
- Our conversion rate at 47% in Q2 compared to an Industry average of 23%... being more than twice as good as the average is a result of a combination of our awesome Recruitment Consultants knowing their market and our candidate strategy and client strategy working in harmony.
- Our HR Recruitment Brand – both Kate Bradfield and Amy Frost breaking new ground and smashing their annual targets in less that 8 months. If you work in HR and need help hunting for a new job, or recruiting into your team – our HR brand is the go-to.
- The launch and popularity of UNPRECEDENTED – a platform built to help Business Leaders to tell their story. A platform to help the Leaders of the future if something like this happens again. A platform that has helped me to develop some brilliant relationships and win business for our Consultants. www.unprecedentedleadership.com
- Achieving over 120 sign ups to our flagship “Funding for Growth” event in partnership with the London Stock Exchange. Working with Tim Davis of the LSE is something I have thoroughly enjoyed over the past couple of years.
- The “Not” Vegas High Achievers Trip being a huge success… watching the chariots of fire / Baywatch video for the first time was a magic moment for me (we can’t share on social due to copyright!).
- Securing the services of our new MD of Temp and Interim Recruitment... they are starting on 10th January 2022 when we will formally announce their arrival... can you guess who it is tee'ing off inthebackground?
- Winning our 4th Consecutive NORA award. Huge recognition for all of our efforts in the Digital Marketing space.
- Our September graduate in-take breaking new ground with regards to time taken to hit the book & make their first placement.
- Jonah Philpott. What can we say that hasn’t been said already. Jonah waited twelve months to join us as he’d been offered a job just before The World went into Lockdown in March 2020. He finally started in January 2021 on the day that Lockdown 3was announced and then became the fastest trainee to achieve a £50k fess in a quarter ever.
- Our Regional MD’s Internal Comms and Monday kick offs. We have a totally transparent and inclusive culture here at Macs. Communicating brilliantly is in no small part down to our wonderful RMDs. Doz and Huff – thankyou.
- Our Temp number increasing by 69% is down to the fabulous work from Margarita and the entire temp team.
- Our RPO Business, under the Leadership of Des Potter, going from strength to strength and now positioned perfectly for what the market needs in 2022.
- Outstanding delivery of our Retention Service Offering by Darius and Andy Gallimore. I have received feedback from customers saying that is has “changed their lives”.
- The launch of Macildowie YoUinversity… it’s only been 20 years in the making but it has played a huge part in the success of the January and September new starters breaking records.
I feel enormous pride for what we have all achieved together…
I feel enormously proud to be the CEO of Macildowie.
I feel as if this is just the beginning and confidently expect 2022 to be great fun and hugely rewarding for all involved.
So thankyou to everyone… to all of the team at Macs, to all of our clients, to our candidates and to our wonderful suppliers.
What a year. What a #%$&’ing year.