First things first, we don't profess to being a brand agency or Employer Brand experts.
But we are experts in recruitment.
In helping businesses to find the best talent to fit their team, their business culture in order to help their organisation go from strength to strength.
Given that there is an ever increasing demand for great candidates, we've become pretty savvy when it comes to advising our clients on the tactical measures that they can implement in order to make themselves more attractive to today's talent.
And this boils down to improving certain aspects of their Employer Brand.
Google "Employer Brand" today and you will get over 3 million hits. It's a concept that is being talked about more and more by the businesses we recruit for. It's about more than just recruitment and talent acquisition, it's about engagement and retention as well.
We believe that in order to attract the best candidates in the market, you should look at implementing some of the following:
- Look at the best way to "sell" your company on the job specs and job adverts that you write.
- Take the time to work out your Employee Value Proposition - essentially why people should want to work for you.
- Do your Line Managers have Linkedin profiles that represent the company in the most positive light i.e.
- Consistent photo.
- Consistent use of multi-media.
- Promotion of the business, it's values, the culture of their team.
- Do you think about the "Candidate Experience" during the application and interview process.
- If you acknowledge that every candidate will research the CEO, Head of Department and Direct Line Manager before they attend an interview - are yours all "On Brand"? Do they speak positively about the organisation? Do they have a digital footprint that will make a candidate sit up, take notice and want to work for them?
Linkedin conducted a survey recently - the results suggested that 83% of business leaders believe that employer brand plays a significant role in their ability to attract the best candidates.
That being the case, you can take action to improve the way that your employer brand is perceived by the external world from a recruitment and attraction perspective.
We suggest that the best place to start is by attending one of our "How to Recruit for Free" Linkedin workshops in order to best understand how individual profiles can be improved. To find out more, please click on the button below: