Held in association with CIPFA Midlands, a half day event where we will explore:
- Optimising your personal brand
- Making the most of LinkedIn
- Having success and securing roles in the recruitment process
09:00-10:30: Part 1: LinkedIn Personal Branding Workshop
Employers all over the UK are extensively using LinkedIn to seek out the future talent for their organizations and headhunt candidates. It is therefore critical that every person that may consider and internal or external move at some point in their career has a strong, identifiable and consistent profile that can be easily found and evaluated by prospective employers. The aim of the workshop is to walk you through the LinkedIn platform, bring you up to date with algorithm changes that were implemented last year, the standardization of profile sections and more and help you to maximize its power to network, find new roles and improve your online presence. During the session we will run through some key topics including:
- The benefits of building a smart LinkedIn profile
- The secrets to increasing the impact of your profile
- How to ensure your profile is memorable
- How to boost your profile in other people’s search results
- Keyword scoring – explained
- How to gain visibility of the jobs that agencies don’t post onto job boards.
- The power of Boolean searching.
- Networking strategies to maximize LinkedIn as a social media tool.
- Staying ahead of others – market intelligence delivered to you.
- Optimising job alerts and the updates on the go.
10:30 -10:50: Tea Break
10:50-12:30: Part 2: Optimise the success in securing your perfect role
The demand for strong candidates is constantly increasing and employers are becoming more demanding in their selection processes, so it is critical to be well prepared, focused and well researches when applying for internal or external vacancies. This session is aimed at equipping candidates of all levels with the tools, techniques and confidence to perform exceptionally well in the next competitive recruitment process they chose to engage in.
During this session we will run through some key topics, including:
- What to consider before applying for a new role
- How to excel in presenting a perfect cove letter, AF, CV
- Excelling in a Competency Interview Process - STAR technique
- Psychometric testing – MindMill – follow up session
Please note breakfast and hot drinks will be provided.