Role: Sales Ledger & Treasury Assistant
Location: Bedford - 90% remote working (once every two weeks in the office)
Term: Full-Time, 12 month fixed-term contract (maternity cover)
Macildowie are pleased to be partnered with a thriving and flexible organisation based in Bedford, who are recruiting for a Sales Ledger and Treasury Assistant to work remotely (one day per fortnight in the office) and assist the Accounts Receivable/Treasury team that is made up of five colleagues. This is a fantastic opportunity to put any existing Sales Ledger/Treasury experience to good use and gain some experience in a very well-established firm. The role will also give you some experience in being a part of a new system change within their Accounting and booking system.
If you are an adaptable professional who is capable of working well from home and is not afraid to sometimes think outside the box, this role could be ideal for you. The below responsibilities are a very broad overview of what will be expected in the next year and beyond:
- Accurate and timely processing and allocation of payments from the Head Office, online payments or branches to the receivables ledger and assist in bank reconciliations of credit/debit card receipts
- Diagnosis of customer and system errors causing queries, and escalating any process, system and business issues
- Support the whole business network with payment and refund exceptions
- Processing of customer refunds in line with bank regulations, company procedures and service level agreements to maintain a successful level of customer satisfaction
- Investigation of unallocated cash - identifying root cause and trends, suggesting preventative action, with escalation of process issues to Account Handlers and Reconciliations Supervisor
- Ensure documents are kept up to date by reviewing and supporting Standard Operating Procedures
- Build relationships with suppliers, customers and the wider business network in order to improve the receipting process and to resolve specific customer issues efficiently
To be considered for this exciting and very flexible position, there isn't a huge list of "must-have's". There is a hand-over arrangement already in place for training, but you will need some form of Accounts Receivable, Sales Ledger or Refunds experience to be able to keep up with the demands of the role. Possessing intermediate MS Excel skills would be very advantageous, so V-lookups and formula knowledge would put you in a good place to be able to hit-the-ground-running quickly.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply with your most up-to-date C.V. and we will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.