Assistant Management Accountant | Matlock | £30,000 - £38,000 + Benefits
Macildowie are currently recruiting a high-calibre, engaging and driven Assistant Management Accountant to work within a fantastic, group of businesses based close to Matlock
One thing to note about this role is that for the first 6 months or so, travel 2 days a week will be needed to another site in Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Staffordshire (the Head Office) for training and business familiarisation. Once this is complete, the role will be based full time in Matlock.
You will work as part of a close-knit team, the role centres around involvement in the management accounting and process. You will be helping to implement and maintain robust financial controls and providing excellent business partnering to the rest of the business.
The business is cutting edge in its sector and its products are imperative to most of us in everyday life.
The Hiring Manager is really looking for someone in the early stages of their Accounting career, ideally with some experience of the basics of accounting; Accruals, pre-payments, double entry and most importantly - Stock (an in depth knowledge isn't needed, just an understanding of how stock is accounted for).
The business is working in the office every day, due to the manufacturing nature and the engagement needed with operations and production teams.
What is the core role?
- Accruals / Prepayments
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Sales Reconciliations
- Reporting (sales / purchasing / gross margin reports)
Purchasing / Costing
- Calculation of delivered costs for raw materials, packaging etc.
- Reviewing standard cost calculations to keep the system up to date
- Help to set up new stock system for recording data
- Prepare monthly stock take reports
- Investigate and resolve any stock take discrepancies - perform reconciliations of issuing / receipts into stock
- Review minimum/maximum stock levels on a monthly basis
- Prepare month end stock journal
- Review stock turnover of products
So who are you?
- You ideally be AAT Qualified and ideally have experience in a similar role (SME, hands on environment) and experience with Stock
- Strong Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables)
- Hands on approach with the attitude to be involved with all areas, even if it falls outside the traditional expectations of your role
- You'll be used to working in a fast paced, business and you will thrive on making decisions, improvements to both processes and team capabilities.
- You'll love taking the initiative and at times, being autonomous. You'll be solutions focused and see opportunity rather than issues
- Experience of working through difficult situations and improving business capability
- Practical, hands on experience of managing financial controls of a £multi-million business
- Able to influence and deliver positive change in the organisation
If this role is something that you feel could be for you, please get in touch with Tom - 07973833069 to start the discussion.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.