- Assistant Category Buyer
- South West Leicester
- On-site for first 3-6 months, 1-2 days working from home afterwards
- £33,000-£37,000 + Company Car
We are proud to be recruiting this exciting Assistant Category Buyer role for our client who is a leading, household brand in Retail and are looking to add to their already strong team. This role would be would focused on GNFR + Packaging spend within the Commercial Services team and would have spend of over £10million!
Based in South West Leicester, the role would be looking for someone with experience from a Retail or FMCG background, that is looking to further develop their career. If you have dealt with GNFR or packaging spend, this would be advantageous too.
The ideal candidate would have at least 2/3 years within procurement and you would be able to show you have the right aptitudes and traits to succeed. As you will be working collaboratively with a number of stakeholders, you will need to be able to express how you would be able to work well in a team and experience of stakeholder management, negotiation and dealing with tenders would be desirable.
- Identify and source potential future suppliers
- Preparation of all tender documents
- Prepare an assessment of current supplier/product/service performance, price and issues ready for RFP's.
- Appraisal of current and future suppliers
- Manage supplier performance via a number of SLA's & KPI's
- Create spend and competitor analysis reports, providing an up-to-date picture of the market
- Regular meetings with suppliers to assess progress, issues and categories
- 2/3+ Years within Procurement
- Retail/FMCG Background
- Advantageous to have dealt with Packaging and/or GNFR
- Ideally Degree/CIPS Level 3+ qualified
- Strong team player and collaborative mindset
- Good oral and written communication skills
If this role sounds of interest, then please apply using your latest CV!
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.