Business Intelligence Analyst | £40,000 - £60,000 | 2/3 day a week in the office
For this role you will ideally have recent, demonstrable experience with the latest version of Power BI and experience with SQL, although an equivalent BI tool is also fine.
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a job offering the opportunity to work for a well-known business based near Grantham
You will be someone who has excellent attention to detail and a hard-working attitude. You will play a key role in building the newly formed Data & Business Insight team by providing business performance and opportunity insight to both internal and external stake holders, to assist with informed decision making. Working closely and building deep relationships with a variety of 'customers'.
As a BI Analyst you will help create data-driven strategies that maximize proficiency and productivity with our products and services. You will work with our finance, product and management teams to mine data, display KPIs, develop analytics tools and deliver them to our customers and staff.
This is a new role into the team and will have a large part to play in how the rest of the BI team is set up. There is an ambition from the business to also start delivering BI and analysis to their customer (and make it a revenue generation part of the business)
So what is the job?
- Understand our software platform and design data end points
- Develop KPIs to measure both business performance, industry trends and software usage
- Monitor analytics and metrics results, perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies
- Build interactive dashboards to allow both staff and customers to identify best network partners - our GFN product
- Work closely with customers and our team, to develop business intelligence reports and dashboards, whilst promoting trends through graphical reporting.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and strategies with technology solutions
- Perform deep analysis of issues and develop solutions
- Create and maintain documentation including requirements, design and user manuals
- Collaborate, train and provide technical support to the business users on our different BI products
What are you like?
- Significant experience of Microsoft SQL Server (including writing SQL), Microsoft PowerBI - or similar product (Tableau…etc)
- Familiarity with creating data cubes and data marts as well as report writing
- Familiarity with Xero or Oracle (the business is changing it's ERP system to Oracle soon)
You will ideally be from a Finance background (although professional finance qualifications are not essential) and have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels. You'll also be someone who loves to be in the detail, with a strong experience in large volume data analysis, budgeting and forecasting with strong organisational skills. You will have experience and confidence dealing with external customers and other internal teams across the business and have the ability to work at pace and remain consistent under pressure. You will be proactive in your approach to work with the ability to identify issues and drive actions quickly.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.