Our company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Procurement Buyer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing and purchasing goods and services in a timely and cost-effective manner while maintaining high standards of quality.
So what does the job entail?
- Identify and evaluate suppliers based on quality, price, and delivery speed.
- Negotiate contracts, terms and conditions with suppliers to obtain the best possible pricing and payment terms.
- Ensure that all purchases are made in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage inventory levels and coordinate with other departments to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Resolve any issues related to supply chain disruptions, quality issues or delays in delivery.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to forecast demand and optimise procurement processes.
- Monitor market trends and maintain a good understanding of market conditions and suppliers' performance.
- Implement cost-saving initiatives and identify opportunities for process improvements.
Do you have these qualities?
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Proven experience as a Procurement Buyer or similar role, with a track record of successful negotiations and cost savings.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with procurement software and ERP systems.
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of sourcing and purchasing practices and regulations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The company offers a competitive salary package, opportunities for career growth and a positive work environment. If you meet the qualifications listed above and are looking for a challenging and rewarding career, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
If this sounds like the dream job for you then don't hesitate to apply. Contact Josh today at 07595203250 to discuss the next steps and have a look at your CV.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.