We are proud to be recruiting this exciting Category Buyer role for our client who is a leading, household brand in Retail and are looking to add to their already strong team. This role would be would focused on a number of indirect categories within the Commercial Services team and would have spend of over £10million!
Based in South West Leicester, the role would be looking for an experienced Procurement professional, capable of working on a strategic basis with both external suppliers and internal stakeholders to create the best environment for negotiations to take place.
The ideal candidate would have a number of years within procurement, dealing with a variety of indirect categories and a retail background being desirable. You would be able to show your experience working collaboratively with a number of stakeholders and your experience of negotiating for the best price, quality and service.
- Identify and source potential future suppliers
- Preparation of all tender documents
- Prepare an assessment of current supplier/product/service performance, price and issues ready for RFP's.
- Appraisal of current and future suppliers
- Manage supplier performance via a number of SLA's & KPI's
- Create spend and competitor analysis reports, providing an up-to-date picture of the market
- Regular meetings with suppliers to assess progress, issues and categories
- 6+ Years within Procurement
- Indirect spend experience
- Retail background advantageous
- Ideally Degree/CIPS Level 4+ qualified
- Experience dealing with eSourcing platforms
- Knowledge of Gift Cards advantageous
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Category Buyer
- £10 Million + Spend
- South West Leicester
- £43,000-£47,000 per annum
If this role sounds of interest, then please apply using your latest CV!
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.