Macildowie are delighted to be working in partnership with ESPO (Eastern Shires Purchasing Organisation) to recruit a commercial finance business partner to provide strategic support and guidance to the organisation's commercial and procurement teams.
ESPO is a public-sector owned professional buying organisation (PBO), specialising in providing a wide range of goods and services to the public sector for over 40 years. They offer a comprehensive, one-stop shop solution of over 25,000 catalogue products, 120 frameworks and bespoke procurement services, all with free support and advice available from our expert teams.
As ESPO are a public-sector organisation, any profits they generate are re-invested into the public purse to support services provided to local communities.
In order to strengthen their commercial finance function, they are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified finance professional with a confident and supportive approach to business partnering, to provide strategic guidance and advice to their commercial and procurement teams.
Commercial Finance Business Partner
£44,478 - £48,939 per annum plus access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (c23%)
Do you believe that you possess a 'can do' attitude and the right skills to provide effective strategic decision making? If so this could be the perfect next career move for you!
We have an exciting new opportunity to work as a Commercial Finance Business Partner in Leicestershire on a permanent basis. This role will require you to support the organisations procurement and commercial teams, providing effective strategic decision-making and financial advice, ensuring the business delivers and achieves their medium-term financial strategy to the maximum potential.
Key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Challenge and influence decision makers so that the right outcome is obtained for the organisation
- Support the creation of the businesses medium-term financial strategy
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to elected members, the leadership teams and service departments
- Provide financial advice and support producing effective decision making
- Improving links between financial information, operational activity and outcomes through the preparation, review and development of management reports
- Identify, analyse and implement options to improve both financial performance and service delivery outcomes
- Participate in the development of effective working relationships with external partners/bodies
- Supervise, train and develop junior colleagues within strategy finance
The successful applicant will be/have…
- CCAB (or equivalent) qualified
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to generate effective working relationships
- In-depth understanding of all areas of finance
- Ability to solve financial problems through a proactive approach to work and attention to detail
- Hardworking and reliable with excellent time management skills
- Supporting continuous improvement through effective training and development
- Motivated and enthusiastic with an aim to produce effective decision making throughout the organisation
You will be rewarded with a challenging and varied opportunity with a fantastic business offering the chance to drive profitability and in turn support services offered to the local community. An attractive salary and benefits package, including flexible, hybrid working are on offer for the successful candidate.
For more information please forward your details and I'll respond accordingly.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.