Macidowie are working with an established business based in Leicestershire who are looking to recruit an experienced Sales Estimator from a construction background.
About the role:
- Quote leads are generated through all available Channels and an appropriate sales & Estimating process documented
- Swift Estimating System reflects the requirements of the Team Manager in terms of how the job will run and is fully understood and optimised with all options explored and utilised
- Leads are generated through existing customers and with that relationship referrals and leads in to new customers.
- Won projects are handed over to the Finance and Contracts team within 3 Days of a verbal order using the Company Handover Document and with filing of documentation as directed by the Contracts and finance teams to ensure that projects are fully understandable and in a format that can be efficiently used by all operators and accurately reflects the requirements of the project.
- Won Contracts are Margin Engineered to ensure that Margin increase opportunities are fully identified and optimised and any extras and sales opportunities are fully exploited.
- Weekly Documented reporting of performance circulated to the Contracts Team General Manager on a weekly basis
- Tenders reviewed with the Contracts Team Manager prior to commencement of costing and the requirements of the Contracts Team Manager regarding labour, materials and margin incorporated into all estimates over a 10k threshold
- Review lost quotations not just for lost percentage feedback from client
- Review for Estimating Errors, Competitor activity, Competitor operation on site and material type usage, Competitor manoeuvres on materials and alternative materials offered
About the candidate:
- Estimating Principles & Process
- Handover Process
- Reporting and having the abiality to manipulate data and take action from analysis
- Selling in the Building Industry
- Business Development
- Selling to maximise secured rates & margins
- Be a team player and be willing to get involved in additional duties
- Clear communicator and the ability to influence at all levels across the business
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.