Job Title: Indirect Buyer
Macildowie are pleased to partner with a market leading food and farming titan who are looking for an experienced Indirects Buyer to join their newly created central service company. This new exciting role follows a number of other appointments that match their intent on growth and provides an exciting opportunity to further grow and develop.
Based in Grantham, with hybrid working, this role would be focusing on Indirect spend, primarily MRO spend. A background within Indirect, ideally MRO spend and experience using SAP would be advantageous.
Supporting the Senior Buyer, you would be getting involved in developing relationships with suppliers, setting sub-category strategies and identifying cost savings as part of the wider role.
The role is looking to pay between £30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience.
- Develop and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and manage supplier contracts for areas of Indirects spend.
- Identify cost savings through spend analysis and benchmarking/tender processes, and continuous improvement
- Utilise E-Procurement tool for managing tendering and benchmarking processes, including contract negotiations.
- Work within and lead cross functional teams to understand and define business requirements and deliver value-adding projects.
- Develop risk management & business continuity plans with key suppliers.
- Drive improvements in supplier quality and service through SRM programmes.
- Forecast and understand major commodity price trends.
- 3+ Years within Procurement
- Ideally Indirect spend experience, MRO spend advantageous
- IT and SAP or similar MRP proficient
- Organised, analytical and good numerical skills
- Experience with negotiations and the tendering process
- Strong-team player
- Indirects Buyer, MRO spend
- Grantham based
- Hybrid working - 2 days from home
- £30,000 - £40,000
- Matched pension contributions.
- Access to the employee assistance program.
If this role is peaking your interest, then please apply using your latest CV!
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.