Management Accountant | £45,000 - £50,000 | North Derbyshire
I am currently working on a position offering the opportunity to work with an up and coming business in an interesting sector, based in Derby. The business is group owned and current turnover sits at c£100m. The business forecasts solid growth over the next 12-18 months and this role has been created because of this growth. The role will look after Management Accounts, balance sheet and P&L for the business in the UK.
This Management Accountant Job has the potential to progress over time.
You will be responsible for preparation of the Management Accounts and will work closely with the divisional management team. You will also work closely with the Finance Director to ensure accurate and timely reporting. In addition, you will assist with any Group reporting requirements and support the wider Finance team.
So what is the job?
- Prepare monthly management accounts on a timely basis including journal preparation and posting
- Investigate variances to Budget and forecast
- Prepare Branch Accounts and liaise with Operations Team
- Providing explanation and information to Budget holders
- Year end audit and supporting analysis
- Management of Control Accounts
- Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Completion of VAT returns
- National Statistics (ONS) reporting
- As well as this, you will be great with systems, you'll be able to identify system improvements that can help to refine financial processes, whilst also making sure that the integrity of that information is of paramount importance. Whilst generating the information is important, so is what you use it for! You will be someone who challenges the status quo and uses financial information to drive business outcomes and changes in behaviour across all levels of the organisations leadership team
What are you like?
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Strong analytical and numerical skills and experience in Management Accounts
- Familiar with both transactional, financial and management accounting functions
- Advanced Excel skills
- Previous experience of working within a group structure would be ideal
- Demonstrable experience in preparing accurate and timely financial information for stakeholders
- Ability to discuss financial things with non-finance managers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work independently and manage own time effectively
- Ability to prioritise, work to financial deadlines, adapt to change, provide pragmatic solutions to problems
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.