Macildowie are delighted to be supporting Ways into Work in the appointment of a Managing Director to oversee the commercial, operational and strategic management of this fantastic organisation.
Ways into Work is a majority employee-owned Community Interest Company focusing on providing high-quality supported employment to job-seekers and businesses. With over 20 years' sector experience, their objective is to match the skills and talents of individuals with a disability or barrier, to the business needs of local employers.
Working in partnership with local authorities, education and the third sector, WiW now run services across the South East with their organisational base located in Maidenhead. With a team of about 35 staff they support around 150 employers and 450 individuals with an increasing range of disability and other barriers to access sustainable employment.
This key strategic appointment will help shape the future of the organisation, developing services and support functions as well as securing further funding and driving the commercial performance to aid future growth.
The role purpose;
- To lead and be a collaborative member of the Board, leadership team and wider organisation, setting the long-term vision, providing motivation and guidance to managers; at all times modelling the WiW values and operating in line with the WiW mission.
- To champion Ways into Work's social mission of changing lives one job at a time and reducing barriers to employment for people with a disability and others.
- To foster a company culture and leadership that develops a happy, engaged and committed work force who will provide excellent services to the communities they serve.
- To have overall responsibility for all business operations, financial performance and compliance.
As a commercially-minded, engaging and supportive leader, your duties and responsibilities will include;
- Leading the development and delivery of WiW overall strategy business planning, financial management and operational management and support, including that of any Social Enterprises established by WiW (e.g. Barista & Beyond).
- Overseeing the company's business operations, financial performance and ventures including continuously seek ways for the organisation to become sustainable from a funding perspective and generate appropriate income streams, including to fundraising, donations, tenders, government & local authority grants, commercial & social enterprise activity, disability awareness training etc.
- Ensure the organisation is structured and resourced appropriately to meet the current and future needs of the business including succession planning.
- To build and maintain key strategic relationships with partner organisations, clients, employers and the public in a collaborative and creative way in line with our mission.
- Ensure that Ways into Work continually provides high quality services.
- Set and monitor appropriate key performance indicators and targets across all areas of the organisation's performance with improvement plans where necessary.
- Ensure that all key stakeholders are consulted and kept at the heart of Ways into Work service development and delivery.
- Lead, manage & develop the strategic leadership team and, through them, the full Ways into Work team.
- Represent the organisation positively externally, including public speaking and engagement with appropriate groups and organisations (e.g., BASE).
- To ensure compliance with all legal responsibilities, ensuring that Ways into Work meets its statutory and contractual objectives and fulfils its functions according to the Companies Act 2006 and its own policies and procedures, ensuring all policies and legal guidelines are clearly communicated.
The ideal candidate will have an accomplished and motivational individual with both the commercial and strategic mindset to help the organisation achieve it's objectives whilst understanding and championing WiW's values and mission of "changing lives, one job at a time".
Applications from individuals from both within the not for profit, third-sector and commercial arenasr are welcome and, as an equal opportunities employer, WiW positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief or marital status.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, flexible benefits and working. This role will be fully remote although, due to geographical focus of the organisation applicants should be based within the Maidenhead and wider Berkshire area.
WiW are seeking to make a swift appointment and interviews will be conducted on the 23rd and 24th of May so should you be interested in this opportunity and keen to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact with an updated CV and contact details and he will respond accordingly.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.