Payroll Assistant | Full Time | Temp| Leicester | Hybrid | Salary up to £12.80ph
Macildowie are excited to be working with a fantastic company based in Leicester who are looking for a Payroll Assistant to join their team on a 3 month temporary basis.
This role is suitable for immediately available candidates and those on short notice periods.
The role offers excellent hybrid working with only 2 days per week in the office
The payroll Assistant will be responsible for creating and maintaining employee payroll records. You will administer payroll changes and the monthly payroll submissions.
- Provide accurate, timely and efficient administration of Payroll/Pension processes and services, ensuring compliance with HMRC legislation, contractual obligations and University policies and procedures. This includes maintaining a thorough and up to date knowledge of legislative changes such as statutory leave, salary sacrifice and auto enrolment.
- Produce the monthly payroll up to payroll processing, including pensions data for all schemes, all associated checking of audit reports, including the errors and exceptions reports, and ad-hoc data interrogation from the Payroll System (SAP) and related pension provider.
- Assist with all month end / year end processing, upgrades and reconciliations.
- Responsible for the effective archiving of all payroll and pensions data including maintaining an up to date archive log in accordance with GDPR.
- Prepare, check and arrange any advances required for any urgent ad-hoc payments that are required outside of the main payrun.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely recording and where relevant submission of members' pension data as required for LGPS, TPS and USS, using both manual and online systems as relevant for each scheme.
- Provide advice, expertise and training where required to colleagues regarding legislative and contractual issues affecting payroll and pensions.
- Engage in and contribute positively to team initiatives as required by Payroll and Pensions Managers.
- Identify areas for process/system improvement and resolve complex payroll and pension queries.
- Undertake project work in specialist areas of payroll and pensions as required, including but not limited to: proposed legislative or contractual changes, pension scheme changes, process and policy reviews and improvements, payroll form design and usage, special categories of employees.
- Manage Payroll and Pension emails and calls in a timely and effective manner.
You will need:
- In-depth knowledge and experience of a Payroll function and employee lifecycle from New Starter to Leaver
- Experience of using an integrated HR, Payroll & Finance system (such as SAP, iTrent, Northgate, Resourcelink or Oracle)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages, in particular Excel, especially in VLOOKUP's & Pivot Tables
- Excellent attention to detail skills and an ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software / systems
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritise, and manage several tasks simultaneously
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.