Senior Category Manager | Public Sector Body | Buckinghamshire | £39,000-£48,537
Macildowie are delighted to be collaborating with a Public Sector organisation based in Buckinghamshire who are seeking to appoint a new Senior Category Manager to join their Procurement Team.
The role does not require prior public sector experience or knowledge and they welcome those with a commercial background and this is demonstrated by the diversity in team experience.
You will however still benefit from the public sector benefits on offer of 3 days working from home, 34 days annual leave and a very generous c30% employer contribution pension scheme. The role is paying £39,000-£48,537 and comes with a pay lift of up to £7,000 depending on qualifications.
Senior Category Manager Role
- Create and implement Category strategies that align with business strategies; research and evaluate the market to understand current market conditions, identify risks to supply chain, source potential suppliers; share insights so wider team maintains market knowledge
- Procurement lead on higher risk, higher value or more complex tenders
- Analyse data across a range of goods and services, identify current or potential issues or risks and take action to address through personal intervention or escalation
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and effective delivering of Category strategies to support the business
- Provide specialist procurement advice and expertise to meet customer and stakeholder requirements and to ensure compliance with UK regulations
- Review tenders and related documentation produced by self and team to ensure compliance with UK regulations
- Knowledge of supply chains for IT
- Extensive procurement experience, substantial experience in tendering of supplies and services
- Working knowledge of procurement policies, standards, processes and practices
- Adaptable communication and influencing
- Flexible working - 3 days remote working per week if wanted
- Exceptional pension - 30% employer contribution
- 34 days annual leave
If you meet the requirements for this and are interested in exploring further and finding out more please apply to this email with your current CV and then I will shortly be in touch.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.