Macildowie are pleased to be working with a large pet retailer who are seeking a dynamic and experienced Retail Store Manager to join our team in Bromsgrove. As the Store Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the retail store, driving sales, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Managing and motivating a team of retail staff to achieve sales targets and deliver excellent customer service
- Developing and implementing strategies to increase store profitability and maximise sales opportunities
- Monitoring and analysing sales performance and implementing corrective actions when necessary
- Ensuring the store is well-presented, fully stocked, and compliant with visual merchandising standards
- Handling customer inquiries, resolving complaints, and maintaining strong customer relationships
- Managing inventory levels, conducting regular stock checks, and coordinating stock replenishment
- Implementing effective loss prevention measures and ensuring store security and safety protocols are followed
- Recruiting, training, and coaching new team members to ensure high-performance standards
- Maintaining accurate records of store transactions, employee attendance, and other administrative tasks
- Previous experience in a retail management role, preferably as a Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets in a fast-paced retail environment
- Excellent customer service skills, with a focus on creating a positive shopping experience
- Solid understanding of retail operations, including inventory management, visual merchandising, and loss prevention
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and multitasking abilities
- Flexibility to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays as required
If you are a results-oriented and customer-focused individual with a passion for retail, we would love to hear from you.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie.com) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.