Searching For Something New?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly established and growing Finance team of a recently acquired, fast growing business, operating within the food service sector.
This role will provide excellent career and personal development opportunities, and the successful candidate will gain great exposure to post acquisition integration and future growth planning.
The organisation supplies products to the manufacturing, food service and wholesale sectors.
A "Curious" Management Accountant
* Whilst reporting to a recently appointed Finance Manager, the Operations Management Accountant will play the pivotal link between Finance and the Operations function (Production, Warehouse and Transport).
* This role will compliment the team to produce, analyse and report sales, margin and operational finance information within the business and support and work closely with the Operations function to gain financial oversight of performance and KPIs.
* The role is to ensure the development of a strong and robust Inventory control environment, taking ownership and responsibility for Inventory Management from a Finance perspective; providing oversight on stock takes, inventory held and conducting net realisable value analysis.
* In conjunction with Procurement, prepare for review, a monthly "Forward Book" report, analysing the company's open purchases, stock and sales positions and forecasted profit.
* Implement and develop Product Costing Tools (incl. Standard Costing) for all current and future products, including the generation of Bill-of-Materials for all products.
* Maintain the Fixed Assets Register, accuracy of the depreciation charge and management of capital expenditure (incl. actual Vs. budget reporting).
* Day to Day Accounting: Production of the monthly management accounts, including Balance Sheet reconciliations and management of accruals and prepayments.
Experience and Key Competencies
* Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) would be desired however, a part qualified accountant with strong relevant experience would also be equally considered.
* Management accounting experience within a Food / Beverage / FMCG environment.
* Detailed understanding of Commercial, Manufacturing and Costing processes incl. knowledge of product costing techniques and Bill of Material management.
* Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail. Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel skills, with experience building costing/financial models.
* A "Curious" mindset with a desire to understand the business operations and a willingness to challenge the operations team to drive improvements.
* Strong communication skills and a strong desire to learn, develop and succeed whilst driving business improvements.
Thinking About Applying?
If you are delighted to know that this type of opportunity has arisen in the market that suits your background and skills, and would be keen to know more information...then feel free to express interest by applying or contact me via LinkedIn.
Should you know someone who would be great for this position then get in touch and ask about our Referral Incentive Scheme.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.