Macildowie are working with a globally recognised, specialist manufacturing business known for their excellent reputation, high quality and valued service to their loyal client base. The role will be based in their Chesterfield Head Office.
We are recruiting for their Financial Accountant position within the team. This will report directly to the FD and be responsible for administrating the day to day financial function and supervision of Accounts Receivable, Wages and Accounts Payable.
This role will suit someone looking to make their first or second move from practice or someone with industry experience who is keen to take on a new challenge. With exposure to both management and financial accounting responsibilities you will be a subject matter expert whilst having the leadership qualities to manage a small team.
- Preparation of the monthly Management Accounts, including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash-flow and other schedules.
- Group Reporting through the Cognos system with monthly & quarterly uploads for Reports, Forecasts and Budgets.
- Compliance with Group Financial Procedures
- Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register, additions, disposals, transfers, audits.
- Pension, Loan and Banking Administration
- VAT returns, P11D's, HMRC / UK / EC returns.
- Foreign Exchange Hedging with Group.
- Drive the performance of the business using KPI measurements and to deliver performance improvement
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Qualified Accountant ACCA / ACA / ACMA.
- Experience with ERP systems and Sage Payroll
- Knowledge of working with and implementing lean and efficient processes
- Manufacturing industry experience will be desirable but not essential.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.