This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that has had experience in a very varied and busy role to join a company based in Kettering. This will be a great chance to broaden your knowledge even further and to provide efficient & effective accounting support to a portfolio of your clients.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Raise & process sales invoices, process receipts and operate an efficient & effective credit control service, as appropriate
- Verify purchase invoices with orders, reconcile against supplier statements & prepare payment schedules, where applicable
- Maintain an up to date cash book and reconcile against bank statements on an agreed periodic basis
- Process a summary of transactions and reconcile on a monthly basis
- Process employee claims and arrange re-imbursement
- Provide an efficient payroll service including updating employee details, as required, processing variable data and organising a payment runs, as appropriate.
- Processing regular and ad hoc journals, including accruals, depreciation, etc., as required, and reconciling all accounts on a monthly basis
- Respond to account related queries from client's customers & suppliers, as appropriate
- Maintain monthly analyses of all relevant nominal accounts for financial year-end & corporation tax purposes
- Ad hoc projects as agreed with Financial Accounts Manager or the Senior Financial Accounts Assistant
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT AFTER IN SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Qualified or nearly qualified AAT or qualified by experience
- Experience of working in a similar role
- An aptitude for figures and a good attention to detail
- The ability to meet strict deadlines
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Good IT skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office
NB: As a result of the volume of applications we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within five working days your application has been unsuccessful.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.