Macildowie are delighted to be working in partnership with a fantastic SME Engineering business based in Derby. They are looki8ng to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join their existing team on a permanent basis. The Accounts Assistant will 0play an integral role within their clerical finance function.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter and code financial transactions appropriately
- Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledger
- Process payments as well as documents like supplier invoices
- Validate invoices against items or services received against the relevant Purchase Order
- Raise Return Orders and Credit Notes to submit for refunds
- Analyse courier invoices for correct rates charged
- Submit damage claims to couriers and track progress
- Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct.
- Controlling credit and chasing debt.
- Reconciling finance accounts and direct debits
- Sorting out incoming and outgoing daily post and answering any queries
- Bank reconciliation
- Managing petty cash transactions
- Check all financial transactions for accuracy
- Key data into company accounting system
- Disburse funds as needed
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
This is a high volume fast paced role. You will need at least 2 years experience and the role would ideally suit someone with an accounting qualification such as the AAT.
You will also need to have extensive experience with Sage and it would be a significant advantage if it was Sage 200.
NB: As a result of the volume of applications we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within five working days your application has been unsuccessful.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.