A great opportunity has become available to join a small finance team based in Northampton. This role will see you supporting both the accounts payable and accounts receivable team. This would be a great way for you to further your experience in one of these areas.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support AP and AR functions within one of the divisions and Group ledgers as well as provides cover within the department as required.
- Assist with the management of workload within the department to meet business needs.
- Compiles and maintains verified accounts payable records. Reconciles statements and issues payments to vendors.
- Prepares accounts payable checks.
- Posts all open items in accounts payable on a daily basis.
- Improves cash flow and AP / AR Ledger profile.
- Prepares necessary accounts payable reports and maintains all accounts payable files.
- Reconciles statement and the ledger making sure that payments are consistent with schedules.
- Communicate with the Group Financial Controller any areas of risk for bad debts.
- Communicates cash requirements for payable dates to the Group Financial Controller.
- Reduces debit balances on the purchase ledger.
- Reconciles bank balances on a daily basis.
- Completes month end bank reconciliations.
- Prepares ad hoc analysis of accounts payables and receivables, as required.
- Prepares audit schedules as required.
- Liaises with auditors as required during interim and annual audit.
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT AFTER IN SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Ideally have basic or intermediate functions within SAP software.
- Create/update Microsoft Excel files.
- Experience in high-volume, fast-paced Accounts Payable / Accounts receivable environments in which daily performance expectations are assigned and measured.
- A strong concentration on accuracy, efficiency, and continuous improvement.
- A willingness to take ownership and responsibility for team objectives.
- The initiative to obtain a sufficient working knowledge of all department procedures and related software applications.
- AAT or other accountancy qualifications will be of advantage.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.