Macildowie are looking for an experienced Accounts Receivable Assistant to join a business based in the City Centre on a full-time basis.
The purpose of this role is to provide support and assist with all of the Accounts Receivable functions. You will also be responsible for assigned aspects of the daily and monthly banking process.
Responsibilities will include:
- Processing direct debit, cheque, bank transfer and credit card receipts
- Setting up refunds to customers
- Reconciling customer accounts
- Conducting periodic bank reconciliation
- Applying receipts to invoices for the BAC remittances
- Preparing bank balance sheet reconciliations
- Investigating all variances and adjustments
- Reconciling the unapplied and unidentified cash on the Receivables system
- Maintain data records in order to allow month end reporting to be processed in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare month end reporting for sign off
- GCSEs (including grade C or above in Mathematics and English)/ A Levels or similar
- Minimum of 1-2 yearsâ€™ experience of working in a finance department in a commercial organisation
- Competent using Microsoft Office (Excel and Outlook in particular)
- Knowledge and understanding of double entry accounting and journals
- Studying towards an AAT qualification
- Excel knowledge of vlookups and advanced formulae
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata)
- A generous pension scheme with an employer contribution of up to 9%
- Life assurance 4x your annual salary
- Group Income Protection
- Annual music and eye care vouchers
- Discounted rates on public transport
- Travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Regular discount schemes with local retailers, bars and restaurants
- Performance based company bonus scheme
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.