To ensure day-to-day operations run smoothly, whilst maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable ledgers. Reporting to the Financial Controller this role is responsible for supervising, guiding and motivating other members of the team in order to achieve company KPI's. An ability to interpret management accounts, balance sheets & P&L is required. An understanding of export procedures and the VAT implication of these transactions is desirable.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Credit Risk Management
- Sanction credit limits using external credit ratings.
- Processing exceeded credit limit requests
- Support and escalation of Credit Control issues
- Management of current credit facilities
- Work to maintain accurate customer and supplier data
- Raise Sales Ledger Credits
- Reconcile and process company credit card expenses
- Reconcile and manage petty Cash
- Set up non UK Customer Accounts
- Producing export documents
- Issue Customer Card refunds
- Set up new supplier accounts
- Counter Sign daily bank reconciliation
- Process customer card payments
Team Support Duties
- Working as part of a team with a positive attitude and approach to duties
- Assist in the training of new and existing staff as needed with the Financial Controller
- Provide supervision of Accounts Assistants in the absence of the Financial Controller
- Ensuring Accounts KPI's and deadlines are met.
- Working toward process improvements within the accounts function
- Problem solving and support to sales team
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Strong experience of ledger management
- Comfortable dealing with escalations and queries from transactional team
- Experience of assessing credit risk to set up new customers
- Ability to interpret management accounts, balance sheets & P&L is required
- Understanding of export procedures and VAT implications would be a bonus
- Confident, proactive people manager
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.