Apprentice Compliance & Risk Officer
£18,000 plus package (see below)
Permanent upon completion of apprenticeship
An opportunity has risen to join a very well established organisation who specialise in Finance in the Staffordshire area. You will be working and learning with their experienced Compliance & Risk team who manage the company's exposure to operational and regulatory risk. The role involves a variety of duties, including working with people at all levels of the business.
Initially you will be employed via a training contract (18-24 months duration), upon completion be offered a permanent contract, and pay review. You will have 4 days on the job learning/working, 1 day training/study (online/blended learning) - can be onsite. Due to the location of the role, transport is required.
Apprenticeship includes L3 apprenticeship in Compliance & Risk and an accredited International Compliance Association certificate at L3.
Role & responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinating arrangements for audit and risk committee meetings.
- Assisting in establishing internal risk control testing programmes.
- Supporting and auditing the management team to ensure completion of monthly controls testing.
- Providing Management Information to senior management and the board risk committee.
- Conducting desk-based audit reviews, ensuring appropriate audit trails are in place.
- Co-ordinating Risk Register reports.
- Min 5 GCSEs including Maths and English - A-C/5.
- 2 A levels preferred (A-C).
- Confident and able to work with a range of people
- Great communicator - written and verbally
- Organised and ability to meet deadlines
- Good IT skills
N.B in order to qualify for training support via apprenticeship levy, you must not have an existing L3 or higher qual in compliance and risk (or the same qual).
- A permanent contract upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
- Competitive salary whilst training, with a salary review on successful completion of the apprenticeship
- 25 days paid holiday plus Bank Holidays each year
- Working - Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 4.45 pm, with 45 minutes lunch
- Generous pension scheme
- Private health-care scheme
- Subsidised gym facilities on-site
- Dental Scheme
- Employee loan scheme (subject to criteria)
- Performance-related Bonus Scheme
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.