Macildowie are working with a client in Buxton, North Derbyshire to recruit an Assistant Accountant / Assistant Management Accountant / Assistant Finance Manager (depends on the level you are looking for) into their team on a permanent basis.
This fast-paced, growing business are looking to expand the team, hence the need for an extra accountant who will sit as number 2 in this finance function.
This position comes with progression opportunities and study where required.
The ideal candidate will be part-way through their studies, looking for a step up and wanting to start producing management accounts, yet, still want the arm around the shoulder and the mentoring/training. A candidate more qualified or experience will still be considered.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
This permanent opportunity as an Assistant Accountant comes with a salary around £18,000 to £25,000 + study support.
- Daily/Monthly/YTD preparation and reporting of production job costings
- Carry out analysis of above and investigate variances as required
- Weekly Reporting of overtime expenditure versus budget
- Preparing monthly accruals/prepayments/journals as required
- Reporting of various production overheads to Operations Manager
- Provide analysis of cost categories on an adhoc basis as and when required by Group and Senior Managers
- Maintain and balance Cash Book spreadsheet and input into company's ERP system
- Maintain Cash Flow Rolling Forecast
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register (and associated files) to ensure agrees to Nominal ledger
- Month end procedures and balance sheet reconciliation
- Sales and Purchase Ledgers
- Provide assistance/holiday cover with other financial disciplines as required including payroll
- Daily billing routine for production of Sales Invoices
- Prepare Sales Ledger Financing Month End Reconciliation for submission to bank
- Job Costing
- Payroll (SAGE)
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- AAT student or a CIMA/ACCA student or a university graduate
- Strong Communicator
- Ambitious personality
- Ability to problem solve and spot discrepancies
- Accounting experience on management accounts side or the financial accounts side
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.