Assistant Accountant - Manufacturing Alfreton - £23,000-£25,000
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a position offering the opportunity to work for a Manufacturing Business. based in Alfreton, Derbyshire.
Recruiting for a Finance Graduate level position, this newly created role within the team will report to the recently appointed Management Accountant and assist him with delivering the day to day accounting responsibilities and also areas relating to stock, costing, and capital project appraisals. The finance team will be playing an active part in leading and supporting the company in achieving its business objectives and revenue targets by providing key financial insight and control; whilst driving improvements to the operation and financial processes.
So what is the job?
- Co-ordination of the Purchase Ledger function; processing invoices, payments, reconciling and analysing supplier statements and monitoring internal targets such as cash flow forecasting and supplier reviews.
- Control and monitor the ledgers up to Trial Balance whilst also responsible for posting journals,
- Petty Cash, Bank and Cash Book Reconciliations
- Processing factory Payroll
- Producing Month End Analysis Reports, e.g. Gross Margin Analysis, Labour Analysis, Variance Analysis against Budget, - Raw Material Cost Analysis
- Preparing weekly and monthly KPI reports
- Monitoring and controlling raw materials, finished goods and work in progress stock with particular emphasis on standard setting, job cost tracking, and variance analysis.
- Assist with Cost and Recovery Rates in the system
- Product Costings including confirming BOM and Route Costings
What are you like?
- Recent University Graduate / AAT Qualified, keen to continue studying towards an Accounting qualification.
- Commercially minded
- High degree of integrity
- Decisive, pro-active and assertive
- Ability to demonstrate working under initiative and think things through to solution whilst being innovative and creative
- Good Excel skills
- Takes personal responsibility to deliver to tight timescales with a disciplined attention to detail
Package £20,000 - £25,000
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then give Tom a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job. 07973833069
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.