Macildowie are actively seeking an Assistant Accountant to work for a well established and growing business based in Kirkby in Ashfield.
This is a full time, temporary /contract position (potential to go permanent after 6 months).
Salary is paying £13 - £14 per hour (£26k - £28k equivalent per annum).
Initially this role will be working on site 5 days a week however once permanent there will be an opportunity to work hybrid (3 days in and 2 days from home).
The hours are ideally 7.30 a.m to 4.p.m Mon to Thurs and 7.30 a.m to 12.30 p.m on a Friday (half day). There is the possibility of 30 minutes flexibility either side of these times.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in transactional accounting, strong attention to detail, good excel skills including formulas and pivot tables, ideally experience using Pegasus software but not essential.
Key Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Management of purchase ledger function including invoice processing, statement reconciliations and building relationships with suppliers
- Sales monitoring and credit control for both Intercompany and 3rd Party accounts
- Cashbook processing and reconciliations
- Arranging and managing outgoing payments within agreed terms
- Assist with month end procedures including preparing and processing journals
- Monthly and quarterly preparation of VAT submissions
- Monthly variance analysis and reporting
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting and other required reporting
- Annual audit work
- General office admin and adhoc duties when required
If you are interested in this position please apply with your most up to date CV and one of our consultants will give you a call to discuss the role in more depth.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.