Are you available at short notice to start a new role? Macildowie are working with a family-owned SME in Chesterfield to recruit an Assistant Accountant in to their team on a permanent basis. Working as part of a small team, you will need to have a hands-on attitude and be willing to be involved with all areas of finance.
Reporting to the Head of Finance your responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the preparation of the management accounts at month-end
- Production of financial accounts to trial balance
- KPI reporting for senior management
- Preparation of accruals, prepayments and journals
- Support with sales ledger, purchase ledger and credit control where required
- Prepare and submit VAT returns (quarterly)
- Monthly payroll
- Ideally AAT Qualified or early stages of CIMA/ACCA
- Construction/manufacturing sector experience beneficial
- Hands-on attitude and willing to be involved with all areas of finance
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.