Macildowie is delighted to be working with a global organisation based in Nuneaton, looking to expand their purchasing team with an Assistant Buyer.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, you will take responsibility for the following:
*Developing and pursuing purchasing opportunities
* Management of exciting new contract
* Implement and maintain monitoring procedures to drive improved supplier performance
* Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers
* Seek new sources of supply to reduce cost or improve value add
*Support the purchasing lead in pursuing business objectives
* Mitigate any risk associated with suppliers
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
* Preferred experience within packaging
* Enthusiastic & passionate about professional development
* Initiative and ability to problem solve
* Intermediate Excel skills (Pivot tables, V Lookups). Basic Word / Powerpoint
* Ambitious and willing to study CIPS
This is an incredibly exciting time to join a market leading business, which are currently looking to strengthen their team to further assist the growth of the business. As an employer, they are genuinely passionate about employer progression for those who demonstrate a positive attitude and enthusiastic work ethic.
This role will pay up to c£23,000 and we are looking to hold interviews asap.
If you meet the criteria above, please apply as a matter of urgency!
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.