Assistant Commercial Accountant based in Milton Keynes
To provide commercial finance and accounting support to the business.
Commercial Finance Support
- The focus of this role is mainly on project finance and developing all reporting structures within this remit, in particular to identify areas of risk and improve the efficiency of the reporting
- Produce routine project finance reports with particular emphasis on revenue and margin performance.
- Build core reports for new projects to ensure project finances can be tracked from the outset. Update these as required.
- Assist in the setting and review of project revenue and margin forecasts.
- Develop new and ad hoc reporting as appropriate including from SAGE data Analytics.
- Build strong and effective relationships with Project Teams particularly with Project Managers.
- Development of new commercial finance information to provide insight and to improve commercial decision making.
Statutory and Subsidiary Accounting
- Assist in Annual statutory accounts preparation for all group companies including overseas subsidiaries and non-trading entity.
- Support annual audit.
- Prepare project accruals
- Cover for intercompany invoices.
- Carry out quarterly tax returns including VAT and CT 61.
Finance Systems and Processes
Play a full part in supporting the exploitation of existing systems and the upgrade to any new applications.
Adopt a positive and proactive approach to continuous improvement cross all finance processes and procedures.
- In time develop knowledge and ability to cover for management accountant particularly for production of monthly management accounts.
- Undertake and support any activity on the Finance team, particularly in the Commercial Finance area, when other team members are undertaking other work, on holiday or sick.
- At least part qualified or significant QBE.
- Ideally worked in a fast growth SME environment.
- Multi currency accounting and associated revaluations.
- Used to working with overseas offices preferred
- Previous in-depth experience of using SAGE 200 or a similar accounting package.
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables, macros, V look ups and ability to develop and interpret insightful MI.
- Business Intelligence (Sage200 add-on), Salesforce, SAS and Visual Analytics experience would be useful, but not essential.
- Ability to prioritise workloads effectively
- High level of discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Highly motivated, able to work as part of team and independently
- Attention to detail and self-driven to deliver high quality output and to seek continuous improvements.
- Flexible attitude
- Degree not essential
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA part qualified or significant QBE.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.