Assistant Financial Controller | £40,000 - £45,000 | Staffordshire
I am currently working on a position offering the opportunity to work with a large business based in Staffordshire with a turnover in excess of £100 Million.
This Assistant Financial Controller, reporting to the Financial Controller, take on a diverse range of responsibilities across the business. The successful candidate will need a strong academic background and be looking to take the opportunity to develop and progress within a fast moving and exciting commercial environment.
This new and very hands on role will require you to persistently challenge, re-challenge and influence the project costs for each investment and its financial governance. You will also need to demonstrate sound judgments, interpreting and presenting financial analysis in a persuasive format, providing insights and recommendations to key stakeholders to inform and influence decisions.
This role could suit you if you are a newly qualified accountant or finalist with 3/5 years' experience.
So what is the job?
- Support the development of financial strategies within the business, ensuring due diligence over methodology
- Ensure robust financial and systems controls are in place, and are in accordance with Group policies and procedures
- Key project member to develop systems and financial reports for the golf course and it's facilities
- Produce monthly financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations in a timely manner
- Co-ordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts
- Ensure accurate external reporting to HMRC including VAT and CIS
- Implement appropriate controls in order to monitor and maximise cash-flow
- Manage the year end process and statutory accounts preparation, including corporation tax
- Managing AP/ AR ledgers
What are you like?
- Will ideally have experience within the hospitality industry
- Have strong academic qualifications and ideally be Degree educated
- Newly qualified or finalist (CIMA/ACCA) with relevant experience
- Experience and exposure to key areas such as Cost control, P&L analysis, budgets and forecasts
- A thorough and all-round understanding of the P&L and Balance sheet structure
- Good Excel skills and ideally experience with SAP
- To be able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
You will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels. You'll also be someone who loves to be in the detail, with a strong experience in providing financial support particularly with costings. Strong organisational skills are also important.
Package - £40,000 - £45,000
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then give Tom a call/email today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job. 07973833069
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.