Macildowie are currently exclusively engaged with one of our long standing clients on the recruitment of a Management Accountant. This is a permeant role reporting directly to the head of finance of a niche food manufacturing business based in Milton Keynes. The business is currently running at a £10million t/o across two entities with plans in place to grown this to £25million over the next 3 years. There is currently a headcount of 55 across the business (4 in finance) again with the hope that this will grown significantly over the next 3 years. This is a role ideally suited to a late stage studier (CIMA/ACCA) or QBE accountant. You will be responsible for the full month-end accounting routine and also have some pricing responsibilities. As the Management Accountant for the business you will be required to assist the Financial Controller in the preparation of the financial month-end and other periodic reporting and forecasting routines, including sales and costing analysis, and provide support to enhance the financial control environment. Key Responsibilities;
*To assist the Financial Controller in the completion of the month end reporting process including profit and loss, balance sheet reconciliations, cash flow statement and presentation of summary information pack to local management within set timescales
* To assist in end of year Statutory reporting and audit preparation
* To maintain and improve business models to support latest forecasts, annual Budgets and long term strategic planning
* To produce periodic financial and operational reports illustrating performance against latest financial forecast at company and cost centre level
* To develop and maintain sales tracker and margin analysis, highlighting key risks and opportunities from comparison to sales forecasts
* To assist in development of costing methodology and reporting
* To monitor the fixed asset register
* To review and approve nominal journals for Month-end process
* To reconcile and submit VAT, EC Sales and Intrastat Returns within the HMRC timescales
It is not essential that applicants have a full working understanding of all the above as full training will be provided along with a set-out development plan. As long as you can demonstrate a good understanding of the basics then I want to here from you!
My client also appreciates that the ideal candidate for this role might be already tied into a study contract with their current organisation so they are prepared to offer a 'buy-out' to secure the right individual. A competitive salary and package is on offer along with full study support.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.