The successful candidate will report directly to the Finance Manager and will work closely together with the accounting team based in Milton Keynes. The role must provide continuous coverage for all administrative and reporting requirements.
The primary area of responsibility is to assist the Finance Manager with the Management Accounts and in achieving accurate and timely accounting information, sound financial controls, financial process improvements, and a consistent approach across all companies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for data integrity of nominal ledger to trial balance
- Sales revenue exporting and sales ledger reconciliation
- Data input of Cash Receipts and Credit Cards
- Weekly cash flow reports
- Reconciliation of debtors ledger to bank
- Payment authorisation
- General accruals & Prepayments
- Monthly journals
- Month end closure routine to trial balance
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Profit and Loss reconciliations
- Fixed Asset Maintenance
- Quarterly VAT returns for four entities
- Review nominal ledger activity and ensuring accuracy
- Intercompany Recharges
- Assist with year end preparation and Audit files
- Year end closure routine
- Taxation schedule preparation analysis
- Project Work as required
- Provide holiday cover for purchase ledger
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.