Assistant Management Accountant | £25,000 - £30,000 | Derby
Macildowie are supporting a growing business that has operations across various in the UK to recruit an Assistant Accountant in to their team on a permanent basis. Working from their Office in Derby, this full-time position reports to the Financial Accountant.
This is an exciting opportunity for a part-qualified accountant to join a busy finance team in a growing business. The ideal candidate will be looking to take the next step into their accountancy career and will have a desire to learn a complete range of duties within the function. The role has come about due to the current incumbent being promoted and developed.
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations and analysis
- Fixed asset reporting, ensuring the correct calculation, posting and reconciling of depreciation and fixed asset register
- Monthly Management of GRNI
- Ensure ledger postings are accurate
- Accruals and pre-payments
- Work with cost centre managers to understand and control overheads spend
- Monthly creation of customer profitability database
- Quarterly analysis of margin
- Assist with production of the annual budget
- Assist with production of forecasts
- Issue daily report for sales tracking
- Other Management Information reporting as required
- Standard costings and BOM
- Deputise for the Senior Management Accountant
- Studying and part-qualified CIMA/ACCA
- A thorough understanding of operational finance, ideally within a Manufacturing environment
- High level of Excel ability and a good problem solving attitude
- Good academics - ideally degree educated or from an AAT background
- Working knowledge of ERP systems is of advantage but not necessary
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then give Tom a call/email today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job. 07973833069
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.