My client is a leading 3PL that specialises in the distribution of chilled distribution. Based in Ilkeston, they have become one of the market leaders within their sector. They have undergone rapid expansion in recent years and now they are looking for a dynamic Assistant Transport Manager to add to their growing team.
The role requires:
- Managing the distribution of chilled food, nationwide
- Responsible for writing SOP's and implementing processes
- Adhering to company procedures and working within a framework of C.I and innovation
- Responsible for a transport office of 6 people and ca. 150-200 drivers, making multi-drop nationwide deliveries
- Liaising with the warehouse department to ensure product is ready to be dispatched within agree time frames
- Managing the expectations of internal and external stakeholders
The right candidate for this role will have the following:
- Transport management experience is essential, and a CPC qualification is preferable
- Has worked/managed within a chilled, ambient or frozen food
- An extensive knowledge of transport and distribution
- Has managed ca. 100 drivers
- Keen eye for health & safety, C.I and processes
- Must have dealt with 3rd party hauliers
- Has experience of liaising with the customer and managing internal/external stakeholder's
Why this role?
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with a leading 3PL within the East Midlands.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.