An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with a market leading company based in Derby. As a Business Advisor you will work closely with Derby City Council and Derbyshire County Council to provide an intense and focused approach to stimulating enterprise creation, reducing the barriers and inequalities faced by deprived communities. It directly meets the needs of disadvantaged communities through stimulating motivation and encouraging self-belief in individuals who have traditionally lacked the confidence to move into self-employment.
Delivering principally through workshops and one to one advice, the successful candidate will deliver:
- 14 Cohorts of support
- 300 beneficiaries engaged
- 120 new businesses created
- 50 businesses supported with IDB
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This post holder will be deliver one to one guidance and business support to individuals and business in Derbyshire.
- To deliver provide information, advice and support to enable individuals to have the confidence and knowledge to start a business.
- To build relationships with partner organisations and community groups to promote the programme.
- Providing one-to-one impartial advice and guidance to applicants on all aspects of business start-up. This is delivered through face-to-face support, telephone conversations, video conferencing and email, amongst others.
- Supporting applicants in creating and developing their business ideas and documenting these in a business plan and financial forecast. You will need to be confident in analysing cashflow forecasts and be able to assess affordability and business viability.
- Assisting applicants in understanding their personal survival budgets and their own financial requirements from the business.
- Making lending decisions in accordance with our credit policy and abiding by responsible lending guidelines at all times.
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Knowledge of business support provision delivered across Derbyshire
- Knowledge of contractual procedures and audit requirements for the protection of public funds
- Significant experience of business advisory
- Knowledge and understanding of new business development
- Experience of working with a diverse range of businesses
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.