Business Intelligence Developer | South Derbyshire | £35,000 - £45,000 (Permanent Role)
For this role you will need to have recent, demonstrable experience with the latest version of Tableau and SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio.
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a job offering the opportunity to work for a well-known business with a turnover in excess of £1 Billion, based in Mid-Derbyshire. We are looking for an experienced Tableau BI Developer to build, deploy and embed the new Tableau platform into the business.
You will be someone who has excellent attention to detail and a hard-working attitude. You will play a key role in the Business Insight team by providing business performance and opportunity insight to both internal and external stake holders, you will source and transform data, as well as build Tableau Dashboards which are visually appealing, easy to understand and provides the business with the insight required to make decisions
So what is the job?
- Development of Management Information (MI) and reporting to deliver industry leading and best practice visualizations
- Supporting the delivery in which teams can develop their own MI and reporting in a simple manner
- Work with the BI Manager and a variety of stakeholders to gather requirements, to deliver enhanced insight
- To support data and reporting activity on other projects such as the integration of new acquisitions and Financial systems improvements projects
- Highlighting and supporting the resolution of data quality issues at source
- Creation of high standard documentation to support Tableau development
- Working with and developing business intelligence software to align how Management Information and reporting is provided
- The main point of contact for managing relationships with resources across the business
- Critical risk and issue escalations
- Reviewing systems performance and identifying system issues including troubleshooting and fixing related problems
- Scheduling training and supporting team members and end users in the use of Tableau
- Enable integration with other core systems, through the creation of high-quality Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) practices to transport key business data into The Datawarehouse
- Lead data management owner ensuring that information is stored with The Datawarehouse and is available to teams for use
- Designing and implementing internal system controls (preventative and detective) to provide quality assurance over financial data
- Management of user security
What are you like?
- Significant experience of Microsoft SQL Server (including SSMS, SQL/T-SQL, use of SSMS, SSRS, SSIS and SSAS)
- Experience working with Tableau
- Experience working with SSMS coupled with Tableau
- Strong SQL / T-SQL coding ability
- Developing Stored Procedures and Views
- Exposure to Tableau Prep Builder
- Proven strength in conceptual and logical thinking
- Strong ability to determine which types of visualizations work best with different scenarios
- Process mapping and supporting documentation production
- Test plan formulation and managing through to resolution
You will ideally be from a Finance background (although professional finance qualifications are not essential) and have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels. You'll also be someone who loves to be in the detail, with a strong experience in large volume data analysis, budgeting and forecasting with strong organisational skills. You will have experience and confidence dealing with external customers and other internal teams across the business and have the ability to work at pace and remain consistent under pressure. You will be proactive in your approach to work with the ability to identify issues and drive actions quickly.
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then give Tom a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job. 07973833069
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.