Macildowie is currently working in partnership with a market leader in the engineering manufacturing field with the aim of recruiting a Buyer. They are a great company to work for that appreciate and reward their employees and offer lots of opportunity for progression within the organisation. They operate within a fast-paced market and are looking for a Buyer to work within the Global Purchasing team with a focus on the UK and US sites.
With full ownership of an annual spend of around £20mil spread across c.15 worldwide suppliers, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership for sourcing locally managed spend categories
- Cost control, including implementing low cost sourcing opportunities
- Effectively managing day to day operational issues
- Manage NPI to deliver business unit objectives
- Understand and interface with Business Units
- Providing purchasing support to other functions
- Track supplier performance and provide feedback to the wider business
- Managing local supplier relationships and development
The successful Buyer will fit the following criteria.
- Experience in a purchasing role, ideally in a manufacturing/engineering background
- Undergraduate degree from a college or university or equivalent experience
- A minimum of two years of buying related experience
- Strong negotiator, able to interpret, analyse and negotiate contractual cost elements
- Effective communicator, in written and oral form
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Eligible to live and work in the UK, within a commutable distance of Leicester
Member of CIPS
Second European language would be advantageous
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.