Macildowie are delighted to be working with a large well-known organisation in the Rugby. We are recruiting a Buyer who will be responsible for managing a specific commodity range with a SKU count in access of 2000, spend circa £5 million.
Reporting into the Supply Chain Director, you will be responsible for:
* Developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers to continually improve product supply options
* Supporting profitability through regular analysis and identifying opportunities
* Making commercial recommendations and producing reports based on analysis
* Negotiating with global suppliers to achieve best cost and lead times
* Working closely with Finance, Sales and Supply Chain functions
* Continually reviewing suppliers within your category against metrics of performance
* Managing the on-boarding of new suppliers, ensuring the necessary due diligence is performed
* Ownership of the supplier compliance programme (policies, regulations, governance and risk analysis)
* Process improvement in line with legislative standards, customer requirements and strategic objectives
To be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience
* Self motivated and able to work able to work autonomously whilst also working co-operatively as part of a team
* Strong negotiation skills
* Ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
* Commercial awareness, with the ability to recognise both risk and opportunity
* Seeking constant personal and professional development
* Exposure sourcing from a global supply base
* Ability to communicate at various levels and across geographies
* Demonstrate experience of cost savings and process improvement
As a buyer for this leading business, you will be required to proactively negotiate and drive best value in terms of cost, quality and service from suppliers. Joining a highly successful team, you will be given full responsibility and must maintain strong customer focus whilst achieving your objectives.
This role will offer a salary of up to £30,000 based on experience, coupled with other benefits you would expect from such an organisation.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.