Buyer, Senior Buyer, Category Manager, Procurement, Purchasing, Manufacturing
Are you a buyer or senior buyer looking for a new and exciting role within a manufacturing environment?
Do you want to join a business that offers great progression opportunities?
If so our client is looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual to join their purchasing team.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the operations team, ensuring suppliers meet performance , quality and deliver against costs
- Sourcing new suppliers across a global supply base
- Analyse market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies
- Understand the business objective for supplier cost improvements and develop strategies
- Achieve the given cost improvement objectives through a balanced mix of benchmarking, leverage of new business, direct negotiation, long-term agreements
- Agree development plans with suppliers
- Ensure that new products have been correctly set-up and managed and understand any long term commercial issues or benefits which need to invoked during the product's life
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs
The ideal candidate will need:
- Previous experience as a buyer or senior buyer
- To be analytically minded with previous experience analysing spend
- Experience managing and developing existing suppliers
- The ability to source new suppliers when necessary
- To be computer literate with experience using an MRP system
- To be educated to a degree level or CIPS qualified
In return our client offers a competitive salary of up to £36,000 plus other benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity or would like more information please apply today.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.