Buyer/Category manager/ Senior Buyer
Are you thinking about a new role after Christmas?
Are you a Buyer or Category manager in a Food or FMCG industry with experience in global sourcing?
Do you want to work for a business which is growing, can offer progression opportunities and qualification support?
If you are, I would like to speak to you, I am currently working with an exciting business based in the Nottingham area in their search for a global buyer. This person must have previous experience in this area and ideally be from a food or FMCG industry background.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager your duties will be:
* Implementing a category strategy and working with global suppliers
* Monitoring suppliers on performance and working with them to make improvements
* Sourcing new suppliers for a varied and quickly changing product market
* Work on new product development
* Negotiate with suppliers and achieve best price and service available
* Develop and maintain a supplier auditing program
* Set category targets that are aligned to company targets
* Build strong relationships with suppliers
* Work with internal and external customers to deliver best service possible
To be successful in your application for this role you will need the following:
* Experience in procurement, with a global supply base
* Strong IT and systems skills, knowledge of SAP or equivalent system would be an advantage
* To be skilled in negotiating with both suppliers and customers
* Strong problem solving skills with the ability to overcome challenge to achieve set goals
My client is looking to pay in the region of £30,000-£40,000 + Bonus depending on experience
If you are interested in hearing more about this role then please apply today or get in touch asap.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.