I am currently recruiting an exciting opportunity for a manufacturing company in Nottingham
You will be part of a busy team supporting the manufacturing process of the procurement of components. As a Buyer you would work closely with new and existing suppliers to ensure orders are received and on time. You'll be responsible for negotiating the best price, delivery and financial terms. The role requires someone who is highly confident in their own ability, someone that will question suppliers to get the job done right first time.
- Raise Purchase Orders on the business MRP system
- Maintain prices and lead times to a required standard
- Build and maintain supplier relationships
- Compile vendor performance analysis'
- Carry out inventory management which will include monitoring stock levels
- Effectively deal with any invoice queries in a timely manner
To perform well in this role you will need:
- 3 years experience in a buying environment
- A great understanding of stock and inventory control
- Working knowledge of MRP systems
- Have the ability to develop and maintain supplier relationships
- To be CIPS qualified or working towards
- Have worked in a manufacturing environment
- Have the personality and confidence to be able to question suppliers rather than just working from what the MRP system is telling you
If this role is of interest to you then please give me a call to discuss on 07766 508826 or email me on mailto:@macildowie.com
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.