Macildowie is pleased to be recruiting an experienced Buyer to join a large organisation based in Leicestershire. This role will play a leading role in the purchasing function for this growing subsidiary.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the effective management and procurement of raw materials
- Responsible for the effective management and mitigation of risk to ensure continuity of supply for goods
- Monitor and review supplier performance and develop continuous improvement plans to ensure quality and service expectations are met and exceeded
- In conjunction with technical and development teams ensure that all suppliers' specifications define the quality and production standards
- Co-ordinate and support internal investigations arising from supplier service and or quality failures. Work closely with the factory and technical teams to resolve issues
- Work with planning and schedulers to ensure that appropriate lead times, moq's and stock levels are defined and maintained to optimise costs
- Negotiation and administration of purchasing contracts for local purchases
- Administer on line purchasing systems maintaining accurate pricing to minimise invoice errors
- Implement and maintain effective systems to support the department and group purchasing
- Represent purchasing department at site key meetings
- Identify, support and deliver PIP projects for key category spends
- Support the implementation of category plans and strategies
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the below skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a busy Buyer role
- Educated to graduate level (or equivalent) or demonstrable relevant experience.
- Strong communication skills, able to build positive relationships with different departments and has the ability to push back when required
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated and looks for ways to improve systems and efficiency
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Excellent IT Skills - word, excel, power point
- Calm & measured approach in an often pressured environment which often involves working to tight deadlines
- Ability to approach things pragmatically and consider solutions that deliver
This is a growing business based in Leicestershire, and as they embark on the next stage of growth they are looking to strengthen their Purchasing team. This is role has potential to become a Senior Buyer role depending on business performance as we move forward.
Salary & Benefits
We are looking to pay between £30,000 - £35,000 depending upon experience, and will offer car parking and other excellent benefits
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.