A fantastic opportunity has risen for an established and expanding business on the outskirts of Loughborough for a Buyer, working within the Purchasing team. Reporting into the Purchasing Manager, the Buyer will source, negotiate and manage contracts with nearly 200 suppliers.
This Manufacturing business has been operating for over 10 years and continues to grow due to their success. The culture is very much focused on manufacturing quality goods whilst working closely together to provide an enjoyable and relaxed atmosphere.
This role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to have full responsibility for their own spend with the view to moving into a managerial role within the next 2-3 years.
A large part of this role will be to build relationships, influence stakeholders and negotiate with suppliers which means you will need to be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and provide examples of relevant experience in a Manufacturing / Engineering business.
Typical duties include (but are not limited to):
- Day to day management of suppliers of selected materials and services
- Ensuring quality standards are met and materials are sourced from technically approved suppliers
- Negotiating with suppliers in order to purchase materials at a competitive price
- Monitoring and regularly reviewing supplier performance in line with service and quality expectations
- Working closely with relevant teams to resolve issues and minimise errors should they arise
- Ensure lead times and stock levels are maintained at an appropriate level
- Developing and implementing processes, systems, plans and strategies to support the department and wider business
In addition to strong communication skills, in order to be successful in this position you will need:
- Relevant experience and ideally be educated to degree level
- A pro-active nature and self motivation; capable of working alone to solve problems
- An organisational nature with the ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
If you fit the criteria above and are keen to be considered for this role, please apply below.
NB: As a result of the volume of applications, in some instances we are unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within five working days your application has been unsuccessful.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.