Macildowie is pleased to be working with a Nottinghamshire based organisation as they look to recruit an experienced Buyer, to their existing team.
Reporting directly to the Group Procurement Director, your responsibilities will be a follows:
* Negotiate, or renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
* Analyse price proposals and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
* Be able to perform accurate take offs from technical drawings.
* Confer with QA and Production to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and assist in determining corrective action.
* Initiate projects to reduce the total cost of raw materials and packaging goods.
* Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
* Maintain and review computerised or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories.
* Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and in the event of problems trace shipments and follow up on undelivered goods.
* Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services.
* Create and manage weekly production schedule
* Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history.
* Review catalogues, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and Internet sites, and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services.
* Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic purchasing programs that facilitate employee access to supplies.
* Review product specifications, maintaining a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased.
* Arrange the payment of duty and freight charges.
* Monitor changes affecting supply and demand, tracking market conditions, price trends, or futures markets.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate the below:
* Must be well organised, detail oriented and good with numbers
* Good interpersonal skills
* Computer Literate
* Excellent communication skills up and down organisational structure.
* Proficient with reading drawings
* Producing Bills of Material
* Able to source suppliers and negotiate the best prices
* Previous experience in a busy Procurement Department
* Previous experience in the Construction industry would be beneficial
This is an exciting time to join this growing business, as they embark on a period of growth. This role will be pivotal to the organisation achieving their ambitious plans.
This role will pay up to Â£30,000 depending upon experience. Hours of work are Monday-Thursday 8.30 - 5pm and Friday 8.30 - 3.45pm.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.