Macildowie is pleased to be working with a well known organisation based in Leicester as they look to recruit an experienced Category Buyer to join their busy Procurement department.
Reporting directly to the Head of Procurement, your key responsibilities will be:
* Negotiating best price without impacting quality
* Strategic planning to include budget planning and financial forecasts
* Developing Category and Supplier strategies
* Minimising Commodity and business risk
* Gather market intelligence to assist with negotiating and ensuring a competitive advantage
* Implement responsible, environmental and ethical sourcing strategies
* Ensure robust contingency plans are in place to achieve business goals should the need arise
* Manage Supplier relationships effectively and cohesively
* Ensure supplier contracts are in place and adhered to
* Work with supplier on new ways or working and developing new products
Skills and Attributes:
* Ideally CIPS qualified
* Experience of Category Management with a large complex business
* Indirect procurement experience with in MRO, Facilities and Capex
* Highly articulate and able to influence at a Senior level
* Experienced within Supplier Management
* Strong negotiation skills
* Commercially minded with strong analytical skills
* Able to travel within the UK as required
This role will offer a salary of up to £45,000 potentially a little for the right candidate, plus a host of additional benefits.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.