Macildowie is pleased to be working with a well-known organisation to recruit an experienced Category Buyer. Ideally this role will be based at their Leicestershire based offices, but does have flexibility across a few sites in the UK.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will provide strategic purchasing support to include:
- Functional (dotted line) responsibility for Purchasing Analyst
- Provide leadership for sourcing, logistics and resource management decisions
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and new product introduction activities within Purchasing
- Liaison with corresponding Category/Platform/Facility based Buyers
- Regional Category Strategy Development, Management, & Execution
- Supplier Development
- Supplier Commercial Negotiation
- Supplier Performance Management
- Lead/Response Time Optimisation
- Supplier Risk Management - Capacity & Financial
- Strategic Sourcing: Qualified Supply Network
- Contract Management
- Business Continuity
- Cost/ Spend Management
- Supplier On Boarding/Off Boarding
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Previous experience in a Category team or Purchasing team.
- Experience demonstrating ability to able to lead teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving experience.
- Experience of leading multiple projects/teams.
- Fluent in English language.
- Effective communicator both written and verbal.
- Strong Negotiator, able to interpret, analyse and negotiate contractual cost elements.
- Understanding of Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, and Management
- Experience with non-metallics category
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes in that category
- Experience in purchasing, logistics, manufacturing, and/or engineering.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Fluent in a European language would be advantageous
This is a great opportunity to join a great business in a pivotal purchasing capacity.
On offer is a salary of up to £47,000 depending upon experience and a host of benefits including bonus, share scheme, free car parking.
This is an urgent requirement and interviews will be held asap
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.